phone: +34-608 59 50 10
JULIAN SANLLEHY CAUBET
Specialist in high mountain climbing and "Snowboard- FREERIDE"
With a board under his feet, this young man is considered one of the best in entire Spain. Snowboard Instructor, Mountain and Canoying Guide, Mountain Bike and Rural Hiking are some of this young mountaineering adventurous man's activities and passions. He´s instructor in introduction to mountaineering (Spanish School of high mountain), he has a degree in Kitchen and Confectionary from the Azereix Tarbes Catering School (France) and he has also taken a course in snow-related studies and avalanche rescue, taught by the Haute Savoia rescue group (France). Moreover, he has volunteered in winter rescues.
Between 1981 and 1989 he starts with Alpine Skiing in Baqueira, where he competes in the juvenile categories. However, his great passion was climbing; he got his mountain knowledge from his parents, even though he says that a good technique is just possible with practice, and practice is exactly what Julián Sanllehy Caubet ,without the slightest doubt, has. In 1992, his first Pyrenean solo voyage takes place and the year after that he achieves some important climbings (3000 m) like El Aneto, Viñemale, Tallon, Cresta Brecha de Rolan, Marvore Dedo, Monte Perdido and Mulleres...
In 1989 he starts with mountain snowboarding, and from 1997 to 2000 he dedicates himself 100% to practice descents in The Pyrenees, in Morocco, The Alps, the Argentinian Andes, solo in Patagonia and solo in Chile as well.
Some of his objectives for 2002 and 2003 are to do the Free Rout in Cho-Oyu-Tibet- on snowboard and the climbing of the southern face of the Aconcagua and the descent on snowboard. Professionally, he wants to continue with his second level sport technician degree in mountaineering EEAM (Benasque) and organize mountain snowboarding camps (for Rossignol).
More Information at:
Record in sport competitions - Skiing
1991 - 1992
- 3rd place in Slalom in Port del Compte, Junior Category.
- 2nd place in the Giant of Boí
- 1st place in the CAEI competition.
1992 - 1993
- 1st place in the Ballantines Championship.
- Spanish Slalom Cup and Giant Junior, where he won all the competition categories..
- 3rd place at the French Pyrenean Championship - junior category.
- 8th place at the Junior Slalom World Championship (Val Senale, Italy).
- 12th place in Giant Slalom at the Junior World Championship (Val Senale, Italy).
1.993 and 1.994
- 1st place at the Ballantines Championship.
- 1st place at the Spanish Slalom and Giant Slalom Championship.
1994 and 1995.
He improved his championship classifications at the Junior World Championship that took place in Zakopane, Poland.
- 6th place in giant slalom.
- 8th in slalom.
In the Amateur World Championship-Kebra Classic
- 1st place in slalom - junior category.
- 3rd place in slalom - senior category.
- 1st place at the Ballantines Championship.
- Spanish Slalom and Giant Slalom Cup -junior category ( winner of all the categories).
1995 - 1996
Professional World Cup ISF - tests carried out in France, Germany, Austria and Italy.
- 38th place in Super Giant Slalom - Val d'Isere (France).
- 68th place in Slalom - Oberdorf (Germany).
- 58th place in Giant Slalom - Kaprun (Austria)
- 61st place in Giant Slalom - Madonna di Campiglio (Italy).
Junior World championship - Ishikawa (Japan). - he falls and gets seriously injured.
- 16th place in Slalom.
- 31st place in Giant Slalom.
1996 - 1997 - Member of the Spanish pre-olimpic team.
- 3rd place at the Ballantines Championship - senior category.
1997 - 1998
- 1st place in the French Cup.
- 1st place in Tignes.
- 3rd place in La Grave.
- 2nd place in Chamonix.
1998 - 1999
- 3rd place at the Pirat Extrem (Benasque).
Mountain Snowboarding Record
1997 - 2000 he dedicates himself 100% to snowboarding.
- Canal Estasen Aneto - Punta Alta - Maladeta.
- Pico del Alba - Forcanada.
- Opening: ( first snowboard descent)
- Canal central Tallada - Canal Aneto - Canal Jean Arlaud Posets.
- North face Besiberri - North face Montarto.
- North face Tallon - Artazu canal Swan.
- Pequeño Viñemale Glaciar des Oulettes - North face Bassibe - North face Ratera - Canal central Encantats.
- Le courtes - Canal couturier.
- Mont Blanc dy Tacul - Canal Gevasuti.
- Mont Blanc - Glaciar Brenda.
- Mont Pourri - North face.
- Aiguille de Midi - Glaciar de Bossons.
- Saint Helene - North face.
- Grande Casse - Northwest.
Andes - Argentina:
- Aconcagua - solo - Glaciar Polancos ( up to 6.700m).
Patagonia - solo:
- Monte Tronador - 3.554m. - Bariloche.
- Voyage and ascensions to the Alerces National Park (Esquel), 3 months.
- Trekking - Paso de Marconi to Paso de Viento - El Chaiten.
- Volcano Puntiagudo and Osorno - Escenada.
- Volcano Corcovado - 2.300m.
- Volcano Melimoyu - 2.400m. - Chaiten.
- Monte San Valentín - 4528.
- Cotopaxi - 5.900m.
- Solo Altar 6.000m.
- Chimborazo 6.340m.
- Directa Whymper.
1992 - 1993. The main climbings were the French Alps. At this time, Julián lives in "Haute Vanoise".
- North edge of Dome du Goter - at the edge of Les Bosses Mont Blanch (4.808m).
- (solo) Gran Paraíso (4.200m).
- The north peak of Mont Pour (4.126m)
- Peak of Gran Casse (3.900m).
- North face Saint Elena (3.830m)
- Peak of Traverciere (3.450m),
1994 - 1995. Different climbings and voyages in The Alps and in the Pyrenees:
- Climbing of the Peak of Salanques - winter.
- 4th place at the Catalonia Mountain Bike Championship.
More information at: